For bulk order school special pricing, contact us here.
Venturing into the field of medicine means the typical barrage of questions for students and doctors in training. The sheer volume of choices ahead of you can be daunting, and prior to medical school, no one really prepares you for exactly what it means to become a doctor.
So emergency physician, author and speaker, Dr. John Shufeldt, sought out to create a list of questions using 30 years of clinical and entrepreneurial health care experience that students need to be best prepared to evaluate their future career path. He chose six high achieving and award winning medical professionals of various specialties to answer these questions.
Dr. Shufeldt calls these chosen individuals: “Outliers,” defined as: “An exceptional person for whom excellence is merely a starting point toward a destination far beyond our normal definition of achievement.”
By providing the most effective questions, and a line-up of “rock star” medical professionals, Dr. Shufeldt presents potential career pathways, tips, and resources to help students decide whether a career in medicine is right for them.
“Sit down with” a winning combination of professionals:
- A pre-medical student who offers tips and life hacks for getting the most out of your undergraduate experience
- A recent medical school graduate and emergency medicine resident offers specific advice about choosing a school and career path
- Two seasoned family physicians who offer invaluable tips for building a lasting patient base and professional tips you can’t learn in class
- An industry leading bariatric surgeon whose passion for her discipline and patients helped her overcome her biggest obstacles
- An accomplished medical educator who is creating opportunities for future physicians like you and has a unique perspective going from student to professor
Do not miss out on the opportunity to get answers to the most valuable questions you could ask someone who has already achieved your dream career. Do not even begin the time intensive and costly pursuit of becoming a doctor before sitting down with various professionals from the field.
Don’t have a list of medical professionals on speed dial? Read Outliers in Medicine for advice from top doctors from various specialties and a pre-medical student just like you.
Don’t wait until you graduate, get answers to your most important questions now, and pursue your path with more assurance and direction.
|Dimensions||9 × 6 × .5 cm|