“Search the world for the secrets to life’s greatest emotion.”
That was the goal of the people behind the making of the 2012 documentary “Happy” and the movement that it started.
Roko Belic, director of the Academy Award nominated “Genghis Blues,” and his team set out around the world, from Louisiana to Namibia to Brazil and more to find out just what exactly happiness meant to people. What they found were powerful human stories that lends a little bit of insight into this incredible emotion.
From their travels, the “Happy” team learned many tips to happiness from people of different cultures, genders, ages and economic standings. Here are just a few:
1. Have strong relationships and a large support network
2. Care for and do things for others
3. Have a personal involvement with nature
4. Maintain a balanced life with plenty of leisure time
5. Engage in activity that you find enjoyable
These tips seem pretty simple, yet, why is it that so many people claim to be unhappy?
To take a look at the trailer for “Happy” CLICK HERE!